Inspired by the highly flamboyant and visual dances of the Rio-Carnival, participants will learn a piece using classic Brazilian samba movements. This workshop can either work as a stand-alone one-off workshop, or in conjunction with our popular samba drumming workshop. Pupils would rotate around the two activities in their classes and then create a Carnival Performance at the end of the day where the drumming and dancing are put together for an incredibly exciting and exhilarating performance!
This workshop is adapted to be suitable for students from Foundation Stage up to Key Stage Five.
- Create a piece of dance using a variety of body movements inspired by Rio Carnival style samba dance
- To learn the importance of conducting warm up and cool down exercises
- To develop creative approaches to movement, performance and creativity,tailored to the group’s needs and curriculum demands –in accordance with the topic chosen and agreed with teachers
- Develop ability to work in an ensemble
- If appropriate, to use the four elements of dance (actions/space/dynamics/relationships), as general framework to locate the created phrase within the context of the session
- Develop confidence, leadership, communication and social skills through creating and performing together
Access and space requirements
This workshop requires:
Participants need to wear P.E. clothing and comfortable shoes such as trainers
A large classroom or hall with a large cleared space
Suggested length of sessions
Maximum 30 participants per group.
Foundation Stage: 20 minutes per session
Key Stage 1: 30 minutes per session
Key Stage 2: 1 hour per session
Key Stage 3: 1 hour per session
Key Stages 4 & 5: Half day/full day - please contact us.
£375 Full Day (maximum 5 hours)
£275 Half Day (maximum 3 hours)
Plus travel expenses and VAT.