The deep pounding surdo drums with the syncopated over-layered sounds comprised of an assortment of percussive instruments create an amazing carnival sound that will transport the participants to Rio de Janeiro! Inspire-works provide samba instruments for up to 30 participants and enough rhythmic energy to get the whole room grooving in time with the latin beat!
Participants will learn a traditional piece of Brazilian samba batucada, understand the roles of the different instruments and play a variety of patterns, breaks and rhythmic responses that will develop small and large ensemble playing for any age.
This workshop is adapted to be suitable for students from Foundation Stage up to Key Stage Five.
- Learn a traditional Brazilian piece of music using Samba percussion instruments
- Enhance rhythmic and improvisational skills
- Develop listening skills
- Develop ability to work in an ensemble
- Develop confidence through performing to the school or parents*
*performance optional depending on preference of school or group
Access and space requirements
This workshop requires:
- A parking place for our van/car as close to the venue as possible
- A hall or large teaching room (preferably on the ground floor)
- 30 chairs in a semi-circle
- Our facilitator will need 1 hour to set up and 1 hour to pack away
Suggested length of sessions
Maximum 30 participants per group.
Foundation Stage: 20 minutes per session
Key Stage 1: 30 minutes per session
Key Stage 2: 1 hour per session
Key Stage 3: 1 hour per session
Key Stages 4 & 5: Half day/full day - please contact us.
£350 Full Day (maximum 5 hours)
£250 Half Day (maximum 3 hours)
Plus travel expenses and VAT.