We provide a class set of authentic dhol drums for this fun workshop to produce powerful and uplifting Punjabi and Bhangra grooves! Participants will learn proper playing techniques and understand the function and history of the dhol drums throughout the Indian subcontinent.
This workshop is adapted for students from Foundation Stage up to Key Stage Five.
- Learn traditional Punjabi and Bhangra patterns on authentic Indian instruments
- Enhance rhythmic and improvisational skills
- Develop listening skills
- Develop ability to work in an ensemble
- Develop confidence through performing to the school or parents*
*performance optional depending on preference of school or group
Access and space requirements
This workshop requires:
- A parking place for our van/car as close to the venue as possible
- A hall or large teaching room (preferably on the ground floor)
- 30 chairs in a semi-circle
- Our facilitator will need 1 hour to set up and 1 hour to pack away
Suggested length of sessions
Maximum 30 participants per group.
Foundation Stage: 20 minutes per session
Key Stage 1: 30 minutes per session
Key Stage 2: 1 hour per session
Key Stage 3: 1 hour per session
Key Stages 4 & 5: Half day/full day - please contact us.
£350 Full Day (maximum 5 hours)
£250 Half Day (maximum 3 hours)
Plus travel expenses and VAT.