Taiko is an ancient form of drumming originating from China and used over hundreds of years in temples, shrines and cultural festivals in Japan. This highly revered art form is a very group orientated activity and requires discipline, focus and stamina to play.
We offer one-day Japanese Taiko Drumming workshops using authentic Taiko drums that are suitable for primary, secondary and SEN schools. With over 16 year’s experience, our facilitator will lead a lively, fun and exhilarating workshop suitable for an International, Cultural or Arts Day/Week.
This workshop is adapted to be suitable for students from Key Stage Two to Key Stage Five.
- Develop knowledge and appreciation of music unique to another culture
- Learn how Taiko music is traditional taught in Japan through body stance, memorization, mnemonics, phrasing, choreography and using simple Japanese language
- Learn a traditional piece of music
- Develop ability to work in an ensemble
Access and space requirements
This workshop requires:
- All Participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing (Taiko is very much a sporting activity)
- A hall, which MUST BE ON THE GROUND FLOOR with easy access for our van. The space will need to be at least 28 feet x 28 feet
- Our facilitator will need 1 hour to set up and 1 hour to pack away
Suggested length of sessions
£450 Full Day (maximum 4 hours)
Plus travel expenses and VAT.